Ideal applicants must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship, although applications from graduates will also be accepted.
The position will play an important role in the Software and simulation department to help produce efficient and reliable code, which in turn will assist in the successful running of the Virgin Racing Team at worldwide Formula E events.
Ideal Requirements for the position are:-
- Strong understanding of the whole web application stack.
- Good knowledge of Python and Pythonic idioms.
- Good knowledge of CSS.
- Good knowledge of MongoDB.
- Basic knowledge of GraphQL.
- Have an interest in Motorsport or had some exposure to working in sport or alternative competitive industry.
- Experience with Vue.js and/or React.
- Experience with the Flask web framework.
- Experience with computer vision software development.
- Experience with optimization algorithms.
This position will be based at our Silverstone Office and the successful applicant would be expected to work normal working hours (0830h to 1730h) in a 5 day working week. Ambition, pride and commitment will be noted and ultimately rewarded if these hours are surpassed in order to meet project deadlines.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you have the academic credentials, passion to play an important role in the Virgin Racing Formula E team and enjoy a collaborative work environment, please apply in writing with a current CV and a cover letter, stating your availability.
You can apply for the role here: https://www.racestaff.com/job/software-engineer-internship-1160.htm