Formula E has confirmed that the previously planned season finale in Montreal will now not go ahead, whilst Uruguay’s Punta del Este will replace the recently postponed São Paulo E-Prix, using the same March 17 race date.
The final two rounds (13 and 14) of the 2017/2018 season had been scheduled to take place once again in Canada’s Montreal but due to political issues, the city’s new mayor has stated they will not take place.
Meanwhile, the decision to move to Punta del Este in place of São Paulo, was approved during the recent FIA World Motor Sport Council meeting in Paris. Again this was due to political issues surrounding the Brazilian event.
Situated on the picturesque Playa Brava Beach, the 2.79km Punta del Este course sees a return to Season Two’s track with 20 turns running the length of the seafront. It will also be the third time Formula E has raced there.
With Marrakesh, Santiago and Mexico City before then, Virgin Racing will be looking to continue their winning ways as they approach the second half of the season, following last weekend’s successful Hong Kong opener.
Click here to learn more about the Formula E calendar
2017/2018 FIA Formula E Championship Calendar (revised):
1. Hong Kong, China, December 2, 2017
2. Hong Kong, China, December 3, 2017
3. Marrakesh, Morocco, January 13, 2018
4. Santiago, Chile, February 3, 2018
5. Mexico City Mexico March 3, 2018
6. Punta del Este, Uruguay, March 17, 2018
7. Rome, Italy, April 14, 2018
8. Paris, France, April 28, 2018
9. Berlin, Germany, May 19, 2018
10. Zurich, Switzerland, June 10, 2018
11. New York City, USA, July 14, 2018
12. New York City, USA, July 15, 2018